Chocolate Chia Pudding
A quick and easy dessert that can be prepared ahead. The bonus with this recipe is that it can also double up as breakfast as it is full of healthy ingredients. I just love it when that happens!
Ingredients for the Base
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Dessertspoons Raw Cacao
- 2 Dessertspoons Honey (or more to taste) (or maple syrup for a vegan alternative)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Whizz all ingredients (except the chia seeds) together in a food processor. Then add the chia seeds. Spoon this mixture into a glass or bowl. Leave in the fridge to set for a minimum of one hour.
Ingredients for the Middle Layer
- 3 Tablespoons of natural yoghurt (or cashew cream for a vegan option)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of one orange
Mix all these ingredients together and layer on top of the set base layer
For the Top Layer
Toast a dessertspoon each of pistachios, hazelnuts and almonds. Mix through a dessertspoon of coconut sugar and spoon on top.
Find Tanya and lots of her other amazing recipes on Instagram @tanswestcoastkitchen